MUSLIM WOMEN'S COLLECTIVE
Supporting and empowering the women's voice in Tower Hamlets...
Why Invest in the Muslim Women's Collective
The Muslim Women’s Collective has a track record of successful collaborative working between voluntary and community groups that can be evidenced since 2007.
* The Collective has grown from a budget of £30,000 in 2007 to a budget of £330,000 in 2009/10 through its reputation for consistency of delivery and engagement with ‘hard to reach’ groups
* It is the only Muslim Women’s Network in this part of London
* It can significantly reduce prospective funders’ transaction costs in doing business with Muslim women’s groups within the borough thereby reducing the complexity of engagement
* The unique nature of its WNF programme makes it the only project that is not only employing women from disadvantaged communities but is also establishing a social enterprise with several areas of business activity – no other project has this level of sustainability built into its work plan
* The Collective has extensive reach within the Muslim community, in particular Muslim women, throughout the entire Tower Hamlets area including access to a network of staff and volunteers
* The deliverables of existing projects embrace the whole community and do not focus on a single faith group. Projects engage with Muslim and non-Muslim men, women and children living and working in Tower Hamlets through the community activities of its member organisations
Donate now or contact the Muslim Women's Collective to find out how you can help us achieve our aims.